The fighting rifle course is designed to push advanced shooters to their limits through a series of shooting drills and various scenarios. During this course shooters will be tested on their ability to deliver surgical shots, as well as shooting on the move through various obstacles. Students will also engage targets behind cover and distinguish between cover and concealment. Upon completion of this course shooters will be able to effectively deliver precise shots, learning advanced self-defensive tactics on how to effectively and safely transition from primary weapon to secondary weapons when fighting in close quarters.
Length: 8 Hours
- Positive learning attitude
- Notebook and pen
- Rifle chambered in 5.56,2.23, or 300 black out (please consult instructor for any other calibers for approval)
- Handgun chambered in 9mm, .45cal, 40S&W, 10mm (recommend striker fire-type handgun, i.e. Glock)
- Protective eye wear (Ballistic)
- Ear Protection
- “Duty Belt” (i.e. 1.5” nylon belt that holds holster, magazine pouches, etc.)
- One or two-point rifle sling
- Inside the waistband (IWB) holster
- 250 rounds of ammunition for both rifle and pistol (can be purchased from instructor)
- 3 Magazines
- Pistol rentals available for $15.00
If the minimum student count is not met for this class, you may be asked to reschedule
This course is for law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law, and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm). Prospective participants must demonstrate that they have the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes by producing an NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, and/or military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing a Pre-Course Assessment.